Boarding & Barn Rules
HHF is now offering boarding only on a very limited basis. Call 814-398-9369 to inquire about availability.
- Full Board $400/month
- Pasture Board $300/month
- Self Care Board $150/month
- Facility Fee $10 (for clinics/lessons taught by outside instructors)
- Meeting/Holding for vet, farrier, etc $10
This is what a couple of our Boarders have to say about their experience here at HHF:
Our horse Figaro retired from the show circuit at an early age. He has been stabled at Hogback Hill Farm since August 2006. Vita regularly keeps us informed of Figaro’s well-being through e-mails and phone calls. She provides excellent care; he is looking the healthiest he’s ever been. We have visited the Farm four times and know that Vita routinely makes improvements to the property that greatly benefit the horses and riders. The rider in our family says that since she can’t look after Figaro herself, she’s glad that Vita is there for him!
— Sanghamitra, Horse Owner
Vita paid great attention to detail when deciding on my horse’s boarding accomodations. He was young, lacked socialization and was from an auction. After his quarantine period was over she considered his personality, his age, and his individual needs — then provided him with a clean and comfortable open stall next to a friendly horse and in an area of the barn where people frequently go by and give him attention. He also gets lots and lots of turnout time with an appropriate small herd.
— Nancy Roebke, Horse Owner
- All riders must wear a helmet that meets ASTM F1163-01 standards and is SEI certified at all times when mounted.
- No non-resident dogs.
- Barn hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please be ready to leave by 9:00 p.m.
- NO SMOKING
- Please clean up after yourself and your horse. Keep your items in a tidy fashion.
- Everyone involved with equine activities on the farm, mounted or not, MUST have a signed release form on file before engaging in such activities. No exceptions.
- For the general health of the herd, all horses must be kept on a regular farrier, veterinary (vaccinations) and deworming schedule.
- Only use your own equipment, tack and supplies. Please respect the property of others.
- DO NOT feed treats (or anything — hay, grain, etc.) to any horse except your own. Horses may have allergies, special dietary requirements, etc.
- Do not leave horses unattended tied, cross-tied, etc.
- Any person who will be jumping any XC jumps (solid obstacles) MUST have a ground person and wear a safety crash vest and helmet that meets currently accepted ASTM standards and is SEI certified. No exceptions.
- No unapproved turnout in arenas or roundpen.
- All boarders will sign a boarding contract and provide a negative coggins test and proof of vaccinations before moving their horse on the farm.